Awareness is like the sun. When it shines on things, they are transformed.~ Thich Nhat Hanh
I started this blog in August 2019, so 2020 was the first year I blogged one whole year about my yoga journey.
I started this blog as a way to document my yoga teacher training experiences and new inspiring ways for topics for yoga classes and meditation sessions. These are the Yoga Inspiration Spreads and Yin & Yang Inspiration Spreads you can find on my blog. Also I started a series on Meditation with some reviews.
I love my little blog which by now has readers from all over the world. This makes me very happy, I am glad about every like and follower. But what makes me feeling grateful is that with sharing my journey and feelings I can hopefully inspire others.
In this blog post I would like to link you the top 10 articles (by likes) from this year and some thoughts on it and reviewing the year in this way.
- This year I started teaching Yoga and Meditation to some friends and colleagues online. I learned so much from it and I enjoy teaching Asanas, Pranayama and Meditation. https://yogaschnegge.com/2020/11/15/online-yoga-course-first-steps/
- In this thread I am sharing all the literature I have on Yoga, Meditation, Philosophy, Buddhism etc. As I am really a book worm this list is quite long and is updated regularly. https://yogaschnegge.com/2020/01/25/literature-on-yoga/
- For my yogateacher training I had to write a essay on the Yogasutra by Patanjali. I got many questions from my Yogateacher trainers and first the reading was quite hard and I struggled with the questions. It took me over 4 weeks to answer them. I learned so much on yoga in this process and now the Yogasutra is a inspirational source for me. https://yogaschnegge.com/2020/05/16/yogateacher-training-my-short-essay-on-the-yogasutra-of-patanjali/
- I love being in nature and taking pictures of the blossoms, trees and animals. I am combining them with inspirational quotes in these blog posts. https://yogaschnegge.com/2020/01/13/inspirational-quote-on-going-your-own-way/ https://yogaschnegge.com/2020/11/06/inspirational-quote-29/
- In this blog posts I wrote about my experiences on my yogateacher training weekends. This was really a intense year and I learned so much and really made progress in my own yoga practice. So grateful for this. https://yogaschnegge.com/2020/07/09/yogateacher-training-weekend-thoughts-experiences-and-guided-meditation/ https://yogaschnegge.com/2020/02/02/yogateacher-training-thoughts-and-experiences-of-the-fourth-weekend/
- I started a little training online on Yin Yoga with Singing Bowls. This is really a fascinating combination which I want to learn more on. https://yogaschnegge.com/2020/10/15/yoga-and-massage-with-singing-bowls/
- In the Yoga Inspiration Spreads I try a creative way to get topics for yoga classes and combining them with philosophical topics or specific asanas. https://yogaschnegge.com/2020/10/24/yoga-inspiration-spread-with-inspiration-from-the-bhagavad-gita/
- I started meditating this year and began a series on this blog on the topic. https://yogaschnegge.com/2020/06/13/meditation-series-book-review-communication-with-the-self-the-som-program/
I wish you all a good start into the new year 2021 and look forward to a new blogging year with you.